By email

From this website you can contact us about your issue and we can give you advice via email.
Contact us for advice by email

Get help applying for Universal Credit

Our Help to Claim service can support you in the early stages of your Universal Credit claim, from the application, through to your first payment.

Help to Claim is a dedicated service from Citizens Advice. It’s free, independent and confidential. Our trained advisers can help with things like how to gather evidence for your application or how to prepare for your work coach appointment.

Call us for free: 0800 144 8 444
Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm

For online advice visit: External link

Contact us about applying for Universal Credit using British Sign Language (BSL)
You can get advice from us to help you apply for Universal Credit by using our British Sign Language service – click here for details. External link

By phone

Advice is available from us over the phone through our freephone Adviceline.

Call us for free on 0808 278 7995
Lines are open:
9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Closed on public holidays.

Relay UK - if you can't hear or speak on the phone, you can type what you want to say: 18001 then 0800 144 8884

Call our debt helpline
Phone: 0800 240 4420

The debt helpline is available 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. It’s not available on public holidays.

Relay UK - if you can't hear or speak on the phone, you can type what you want to say to the debt helpline: 18001 then 0800 240 4420

You can use Relay UK with an app or a textphone. There’s no extra charge to use it. Find out how to use Relay UK. External link

Call costs
Calls to our Adviceline phone service and consumer helpline are free from mobiles and landlines. These numbers begin with 0800 or 0808.

Calls to numbers that begin with 03 cost the same as calling landline numbers that, begin with 01 and 02.
For more on call costs External link

Advice on consumer issues

Citizens Advice also has a consumer helpline.

Our consumer service provides advice on issues around buying goods or services. This includes being treated unfairly by a trader, receiving a poor service or you may want to switch energy suppliers or cancel a contract.

How to contact the consumer service External link

In person

Service update: Spring 2024
We are continuing to help people over the phone, by email and web chat, where that works for them, while reserving our face to face support for when it's most needed.
However, we are not running a drop-in service, so we’re asking people to ring, or email us first.
(See left / above for contact details)

Opening times and where to find us

Latest update on face to face services





More resources

We can also point you in the right direction to further information and resources.
Get links to other useful websites and online resources

Advice column
Our advice column features questions people ask us about the problems they face; along with our advice and practical information about what you can do to resolve them.
Read our advice column

Pension Wise

People over 50 with a workplace or personal pension can get free, impartial guidance about their options through Pension Wise.

Pension Wise, which is now part of MoneyHelper, is a free and impartial service to help you understand what your pension options are.

Pension Wise can help you if you:
• are aged 50 or over, and
• UK-based defined contribution pension – not a final salary or career average pension.

You can book a free telephone appointment with a pensions guidance specialist who will talk through your pension options with you by visiting External link or calling 0800 138 3944.

To book a face-to-face appointment please call 0800 138 1585 between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Friday.

We also offer British Sign Language video appointments too. Simply book your video appointment by visiting External link
Contact us
Please use this form to contact us, or to get advice by email.

We aim to respond to your enquiry within 5 working days, however during busy times it may take a little longer. If you don’t get a reply in your inbox, please check your spam or junk folder.

To contact us for advice by phone, call: 0808 278 7995
(Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm. Closed on public holidays).

Or for more ways to get advice click here.

Fields marked with ( * ) are required.
1000 characters left
Your personal information

When you provide us with personal information, for example, when using this form to contact us, we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely.

We need to record information about you to help with your enquiry. We have a legitimate interest to do this.

We keep what you tell us safe and confidential and you always decide what you share with us. You can read more about how we handle and store your data in our privacy policy (this will open in a new window, so that any information you have already added to this form will be kept in this window)

We need your explicit consent to keep some information, including your ethnicity, religion, health conditions, sexual orientation, and trade union membership.

If you agree, we’ll use this information, which is known as ‘special category personal data’ to:
● give you advice
● help us gather data to improve our service
● support our research in a way that you can’t be identified

For example, if you need advice about claiming certain benefits, you may want to tell us about health problems you have which may be relevant to your enquiry.

By ticking the boxes below you consent to Citizens Advice recording the special category personal data you choose to provide Citizens Advice.

We’ll make sure all your information is kept safe and secure.

Yes, I consent to you holding information on my (please tick all of those you agree to):
Can we contact you for feedback?

We want to make sure our service meets your needs. To help us understand how we’re doing and to improve our service, we may want to contact you at a later date to ask for your feedback. Sometimes we need a trusted research organisation to help us do that.

We’ll decide who we contact for feedback based on the services you used and the advice area. We may also use your special category data so that we hear from different groups.

If you agree to us getting in touch for feedback please let us know how you’d prefer to be contacted by ticking the boxes below.

I agree to Citizens Advice selecting me for feedback using my information and I give permission to be contacted for feedback by (please tick all that apply):